Turns out you can design a cramped space without cramping your style!
1. Choose an acrylic or glass coffee table to reduce visual clutter.
2. Select fewer, larger furniture pieces rather than several small-scale ones.
3. Use a low dresser as a TV console if you could use some additional storage.
4. Opt for mirrored decor pieces to bounce natural light around the room.
5. Embrace nesting tables for their versatility and compactness.
6. Layer your lighting to make the room appear larger.
7. Try a tufted storage ottoman — it can be used for extra seating in a pinch.
8. Hang semi-sheer curtains to maximize the amount of natural light in the space.
9. Install wall sconces to free up valuable floor space.
10. “Float” your furniture instead of pushing it up against the wall.
11. Choose wall-mounted furniture over freestanding pieces whenever possible.
12. Design your space around a neutral palette, creating interest through art and texture.
13. Edit the number of decor pieces cluttering your surfaces — less is more in a small space.
Article Courtesy of Kelsey Pudloski @ Livabl by BuzzBuzzHome